Where to for Sam now?--- Sam Burgess charged with traffic offences, allegedly fails drugs test

With everything that has happened to Sam, plus his withdrawal from the Souths coaching staff and Fox, is there a way back for him.

I think, we saw last season, he has the makings of a good coach, he did wonders for the forward pack when he rejoined the team.

Sam was due to work with Sutton coaching the juniors, but that isn’t happening either.

1 Like

Couldn’t say for sure but I would think Sam would struggle to get a Blue Card to work with under 18 kids with his menacing conviction. Like I said I can’t say for sure.

1 Like

:100: he will be coaching, his personal life and conviction has been dealt with.

If the club is ok :+1: then no problem.

Hey they let Ian Schubert back in a corrupted auditor to the nrl.

3 Likes

Sam has been busted for drugs during a random test in the Southern Highlands today.

1 Like

Wow, where did you here that?

Sam Burgess charged with traffic offences, allegedly fails drugs test

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts/sam-burgess-arrested-on-drug-and-traffic-offences/news-story/e077af2412074076fbada91a22f92beb

Former NRL star Sam Burgess has allegedly failed a drugs test and been charged with traffic offences in the Southern Highlands.

[Cydonee Mardon]

Former NRL star Sam Burgess has allegedly failed a drugs test and been charged with traffic offences in the Southern Highlands.

The former South Sydney player was charged on Monday afternoon with driving an unregistered car and police will allege he has never held a NSW drivers licence.

Police also allege he returned a positive road side drug test for cocaine which has been sent away for further analysis.

He was pulled over at around 1.30pm today while driving a BMW X5 on the Hume Highway at Braemar.

The 32-year-old will appear in Moss Vale Local court on May 4.

1 Like

I hope we wipe our hands with him now. His totally lost the plot

4 Likes

Well I guess he’s innocent until proven guilty. However, mind boggling stupidity if true. To drive a car unregistered (uninsured), with no licence and cocaine in your system.With all the other stuff going on in his life.

2 Likes

If it’s true, he needs professional help and support, not for our club to wipe our hands of him.

9 Likes

Fuck me! He has lost it! Definitely not helping himself here.

2 Likes

His beyond a joke great player he was but his not very smart

1 Like

Like others have said, if true he can fork right off.

4 Likes

Cmon sam , FFS…

The in laws were allegedly trying to destroy his career. Not sure he really needs their help with that.

3 Likes

Still think he will be around this year after his latest issue? Not the type of guy Souths would want around 18yr kids coaching them

2 Likes

Pretty sure Sam has wrecked his own career

1 Like

Up shit creek without a paddle this time.

4 Likes

Does anyone know what the relationship between Sam and Rusty is like at the moment ?

Right at this moment i reckon that’s a no brainer.

2 Likes

Very sad news. Hope he gets the help he needs. Wouldn’t be an easy time for Sam.

1 Like