Wayne Bennett bans Karl Stefanovic’s camera crew

3 Likes

He obviously has his reasons

He wanted to protect the players privacy. Remember when he blew up over cameras in the dressing room when he was comforting an upset Latrell. He said that should be their inner sanctuary and he didn’t like cameras there. It’s all about protecting his players not putting them on show all the time

5 Likes

@Gorab that one of the key traits I like about Wayne.

2 Likes

Why would you want a distraction in the series with stooges running around with camera, lights and microphones? He’s got a young inexperienced team that he has to pull together, pretty obvious one I reckon.

4 Likes

Wayne knows that the only way QLD is going to beat NSW is that they adopt a seige mentality and this is just a part of it.

1 Like

Now all we need is for Wayne to take the next step, and ban channel 9 and the rest of the baying hounds from Souths’ press conferences, starting next year. Club employees only to be entrusted with reporting the Rabbitohs news.

3 Likes

What a shit time to make a documentary about the state of of origin series for such a huge potential audience anyway. This years series will be unlike any of the others, players at the end of a long season and living in bubble, half empty stands, less break between games. Unless that is the angle of the film I don’t see why you’d do it now.

Also they keep saying it’s a ‘Last Dance” styled doco, which basically means ‘the last dance’ is the name of a very successful and well known recent sports doco so we are gonna say it’s going to be that. In truth it could be noting like it giveN ‘last dance’ was players/coaches reflecting on events long past with archived footage mixed with current interviews.

2 Likes

It’s ch9 with Karl trying to pump up there ratings. Totally bullshit if you ask me. SOS doesn’t need this American format in sport to get people to watch it. It’s been successful now for 40 years.

8 Likes

I just think that its Stefanovic using up oxygen that may go to a better use if he stopped breathing.

2 Likes

Good!

2 Likes

He is absolute tool who thinks his shit doesn’t stink. Can’t stand him.

2 Likes

Banning media is a pretty good move in any situation.

1 Like

Yeah fantastic idea.

Let’s ban all media and channel 9 and anyone else we don’t like.

We can then go and play down at Snape in front of 250 people for a can of coke and a meat pie after the game.

2 Likes

Anyone else other than Stefanovic, the man has no creds. He’s an embarrassment to nine. I enjoyed the Today show when he and his brother were sacked from the joint. When he got back, I went to SKY news, his brother isn’t as big a pain, but a pain none the less.

3 Likes
1 Like

Karl Stefanovic announces co-hosting role for 2020 State of Origin series

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/state-of-origin-karl-stefanovic-to-cohost-nine-coverage/9d5c716b-ee81-4ce9-9f0e-354971fba497?ocid=Social-NRLFS

Credit Boo Bailey

3 Likes

Tonight only Nine News takes you inside Camp Maroon. …

The media trying to get to Wayne :grin: