Tom Raudonikis Has Died

Sad, sad day for RL.

RIP Tommy, and thank you.

13 Likes

Tough little bugger.
Cattle dog.
RIP

7 Likes

A legend IMO after seeing him speak at a few functions as he handled him self better than some of the other legends.
RIP Tom

5 Likes

I used to love watching his passion for the game and watched us playing wests at Lidcombe Oval plenty of times. Tommy had a lot of respect for some of our guys and loved the toughness of Paul Sait. You will be missed Tommy, thanks for some great memories.

9 Likes

Now there is a player who has left a huge legacy on the game. Toughest half I have seen. For mine he was tougher than Billy Smith who also was tough but I don’t recall him taking the hit ups and trying to change the flow of a game like Tommy would.

4 Likes

My favourite non Souths player,what a great man he was for our game on and off the field.He will be remembered as a real character and will be missed

4 Likes

He was a tough bastard. That fucking cancer never misses a tackle.

2 Likes

One of the games greats. REST IN PEACE TOMMY!

2 Likes

A lovely man, fierce competitor and a decent human

2 Likes
2 Likes

RIP… Tom. One of my favourite players. Thanks for the memories.

3 Likes

That try off the scrum base in the ‘81 grandfinal, tenacity. RIP

1 Like

Loved the little guy, played well above his weight, warrior even in his battle with cancer. RIP legend.

4 Likes

I was at the game and I thought Newtown had won when Tommy scored that try but Warren Ryan IMO made a mistake replacing 2 forwards ( Uninjured ) with 2 fresh ones at the same time and the team lost its rhythm then.

1 Like

A legend that played during legendary times.

2 Likes

R.I.P Tommy the world is going to be a poorer place now that you are gone.

2 Likes

Gargled gravel.
I still have his “bring back the mongrel” shirt

3 Likes

RIP Tommy …one of the toughest and also one of my favourites

Some tough buggers in this brawl…Tom,Les Boyd,Mark Broadhurst,Krilich,Geoff Gerrard
We know Tom would run through brick walls,but ironically in that famous match between Souths v Wests at Lidcombe,’‘Barney’’ ran through 5 Wests players to score under the posts

4 Likes

I was there too, he was a hero in a losing team that day. The hill at the SCG on grandfinal days back in the 80’s, what a zoo :grin:

1 Like