SAS Australia

SAS Australia
Media Release
2 October 2020

The Seven Network today announced the 17 celebrities set to take on one of the toughest tests of their lives in SAS Australia:

Ali Oetjen – Bachelorette

Arabella Del Busso – Glamour Model

Candice Warner – Ironwoman

Eden Dally – Reality Star

Erin McNaught – Miss Universe Australia

Firass Dirani – Actor

Jackson Warne – Poker Player ( Shane Warne’s son )

James Magnussen – World Champion Swimmer

Merrick Watts – Comedian

Mitchell Johnson – Cricket Legend

Molly Taylor – Rally Car Champion

Nick Cummins – Rugby Union Player

Roxy Jacenko – PR Queen

Sabrina Frederick – AFLW Star

Schapelle Corby – Former Bali Inmate

Shannan Ponton – Fitness Professional

Shayna Jack – Swimming Gold Medallist

These famous and infamous Australians have volunteered for the Special Forces selection course, a brutal and unforgiving process that will physically and mentally break down the recruits in a test of their true character.

Putting them through the gruelling course is an elite team of ex-Special Forces soldiers, who will make no allowances for the star recruits’ celebrity status, age or gender.

SAS Australia is not a game. There is no winner; there is no prize. Most recruits will reach breaking point and withdraw. Who has what it takes to tough it out to the end?

The series is produced by Screentime, a Banijay Group company, based on a Minnow Films format, for the Seven Network.

SAS Australia premieres Monday, October 19 at 7.30pm on Channel 7

Instagram - @sasaust7

1 Like

What’s this got to do with Souths? Also why don’t they have any pants on?

2 Likes

None, that is why it’s in The Bar!

Candice Falzon and David Warner / Picture: Brett Costello

Candice Falzon

1 Like

I see the term ‘reality show’ and I run. The obsession with these type of shows is alarming.

8 Likes

From 2005

The more controversial they are, the more popular they are, and this one has it all.

Related threads:

I just assumed Candice was a Rooster. I’ll amend my impressions of her now I see her in a Souths jumper!

Just hate on Dave Warner & Steve Smith & reserve your love for Mike Whitney & Ryan Harris

@MarchingOn

Behind-the-scenes documentary The Test to screen 4 October 2020 @ 7.00pm on Channel Seven

From Australian cricket’s lowest ebb at Cape Town in 2018 to the triumphant 2019 Ashes campaign in England.

Seven will this Sunday air a 90-minute edited version of the documentary The Test, which premiered in full earlier this year on Amazon.

The special provides an unprecedented inside access to the Australian men’s team as it fights for redemption.

The Test takes up the story as Australian cricket has just been plunged into crisis. Its captain Steve Smith, vice-captain David Warner and young batsman Cameron Bancroft all banned for their roles in the ball-tampering scandal of March 2018.

Under new captain Tim Paine and new coach Justin Langer, the Aussies have no choice but to embark on a new era, one in which they face a long and steep road to regain the respect of the cricket world and the affection of the Australian public.

But The Test is not just a sports documentary, it’s an inspiring real-life drama that will appeal to both non-sports fans and the avid cricket follower. In some ways, it’s Australia’s version of The Last Dance.

Produced by CA Films and Whooshka Media, The Test: Feature Length Special covers the Australian team’s up and downs over the 16 months following Cape Town, including their difficult run in limited-overs cricket, the fighting drawn 2018 Test series against Pakistan in the UAE, the first-ever Test series loss to India on Australian soil in 2018-19, and the glorious 2019 Ashes series when Paine’s men became the first team in 18 years to retain cricket’s oldest and most coveted prize in England.

Along this remarkable journey, fans are taken behind the scenes as:

• Top-order batsman Usman Khawaja and Langer have a heated exchange on the eve of the Test series against Pakistan
  • Paine and Indian captain Virat Kohli exchange verbal barbs during the 2018-19 Test summer
  • Smith triumphantly returns to the team with a Bradman-like run spree in the 2019 Ashes series
  • English spearhead Jofra Archer strikes a stunning blow in the second Ashes Test, forcing Smith to retire with a suspected concussion
  • Langer battles to cope with the almost unbearable tension during the closing stages of the third Ashes Test as Ben Stokes blasts England to a thrilling one-wicket win
  • The utter jubilation in the dressing room after the Aussies retained the Ashes.

As the Australians prepare to defend their No.1 Test ranking against India this summer, The Test reveals the arduous path Paine’s team had to negotiate to restore Australia to the top of world cricket.

1 Like

After we beat the Knights today i recommend sitting back having a few drinks watching this great documentary.

Unlike other reality shows there is no winner declared, there is no prize, just recruits who manage to finish the course and are then judged on whether they are good enough to have passed. Simply completing the course is not enough.

During the first episode of this season there is a voluntary withdrawal in the first episode. “That’s not something that has happened often,” admitted D’Souza. “In one of the UK seasons Katie Price did leave early though. It’s not surprising that someone did leave early because it’s very tough and they have to take on challenges on a really hard course.”

Justin Langer is a dead set wanker! Him and Hayden together was cringeworthy!

I liked the show but why did the whole episode centre around S.Corby. She drives me up the wall.

[Josh Reynolds]

1 Like

I watch this show, haven’t seen tonight’s episode though so will watch it back tomorrow.

I can only assume they’ll be ramping it up even more to insane levels of intensity!

1 Like

Really enjoyed this show.