Rumours, Signings & Player Movements 2020-2021

He was more interested in fullback money rather than playing fullback lol.

2 Likes

I would be going all out for Widdop if I were the Tigers.

Laurie - needs an early release
Mansour- talk is he is about to sign with them.
Doueihi
Roberts
Nofoaluma
Widdop
Brooks

2 Likes

Moga signed i just shake my head

1 Like

has to be a minimum deal to try and make good?

any further word re JAC?

1 Like

Nah nothing else except i’m sticking by my word

3 Likes

Rabbitohs sign Tautau Moga for Season 2021
South Sydney Rabbitohs
7 Dec 2020

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are delighted to announce the signing of international centre Tautau Moga for the 2021 season.

Moga, 26, has played 73 NRL matches for the Newcastle Knights, Brisbane Broncos, North Queensland Cowboys and Sydney Roosters since making his NRL debut for the Roosters against the New Zealand Warriors in round ten, 2012.

Moga has represented Samoa in three Test matches and was part of the Cowboys’ squad that won the 2015 NRL Premiership.

Rabbitohs Head of Football, Mark Ellison, said: “Tautau is a great addition to our squad next season as we look to add some experience to our backline depth.

We’re looking forward to having him join our squad this pre-season.
Mark Ellison Head of Football

“A couple of injuries have stalled him throughout his career but when he has been fit to play he has proven that he can be one of the most destructive outside backs in the game.

“He has been part of winning squads throughout his NRL career and has played Test football.

“We’re looking forward to having him join our squad this pre-season and seeing him push for first grade selection on a weekly basis.”

Biography

. Name: Tautau Moga
. Date of Birth: 6 December 1993
. Place of Birth: Ipswich, QLD
. Position: Centre
. Height: 194cm
. Weight: 109kg
. Junior Club: Springfield Panthers
. Previous Clubs: Roosters (2012); Cowboys (2014-16); Broncos (2017); Knights (2018-current)
. NRL Games: 73 (14 for the Roosters; 18 for the Cowboys; 27 for the Broncos; 14 for the Knights)
. NRL Points: 92 (from seven tries for the Roosters; three tries for the Cowboys; nine tries for the
Broncos and four tries for the Knights)
. NRL Debut: Roosters vs Warriors, Mt Smart Stadium, 12 May 2012 (Rd 10)
. Rep Honours: Three Tests for Samoa (2014-15)

South Sydney Rabbitohs – 7 Dec 20

Rabbitohs sign Tautau Moga for Season 2021

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are delighted to announce the signing of international centre Tautau Moga for the 2021 season.

Reading time: 1 Minutes

~~

2 Likes

Moga is purely a depth signing and a low cost back up. At his injury free best he could turn out ok,

8 Likes

Moga may be a very good acquisition for us. Forget the injury issues. He’ll be fit to play and he will be a great back up Centre or maybe, a big powerful Winger?

I really think that 2021 is gonna be our year. We’re primed and we have the players and depth of players to get us all the way.

6 Likes

@Lapin better inform the IT guy… Still not on the player’s profile list :joy:

1 Like

Yeah so true, Hope we see some Retention news this week sometime

So Moga takes up the last vacant backs spot in the 30, does that put an end to JAC coming to Souths 2021?

Souths now have a vacant Forward position to make the full squad.

South Sydney has lauded the arrival of its “destructive” new centre, who will be out to put a run of injury troubles behind him next season.

Michael Carayannis and Paul Kent

December 7, 2020 - 5:00PM

News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

MOGA’S SWITCH CONFIRMED

South Sydney has hailed the arrival of international centre Tautau Moga.

The Soman international has signed with the Rabbitohs - his fifth NRL club - for the 2021 season.

The 26-year-old has played 73 games across stints for Newcastle Knights, Brisbane Broncos, North Queensland Cowboys and Sydney Roosters.

“Tautau is a great addition to our squad next season as we look to add some experience to our backline depth," Rabbitohs head of football Mark Ellison said.

“A couple of injuries have stalled him throughout his career but when he has been fit to play he has proven that he can be one of the most destructive outside backs in the game.

“He has been part of winning squads throughout his NRL career and has played Test football.

“We’re looking forward to having him join our squad this pre-season and seeing him push for first grade selection

Injuries restricted Moga to just 73 matches in nine seasons, including only 14 games for Knights in three years. He played just four this year.

Moga has ruptured the ACL in his right knee three times and his left knee once.

No someone will make way for Fox and go to Melb.

1 Like

Dargan & Hawkins seem redundant. Does anyone know if Taafe & Illias have contracts for top 30 spots ?

One of them is I reckon

Have seen Dargan in training photos no sight of Hawkins at all.

Everyone had Moga coming to us for ages. I doubt this was drawn out long, so why did it take over a month for the announcement?

I’m alright with the signing, good depth if he’s injury free and relatively small risk given it’s only for 1 season.

1 Like

Yep he can job share with Burns

2 Likes

Why are you so negative for? Moga is a beast has just had some bad luck with injuries and our club put him through health and fitness checks before signing him to make sure he has recovered. I think he is a great signing and will be next seasons surprise packet.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t mind see Moga tried on the wing.
He did play a lot of wing for the Roosters.
He’s big body and the strongest part of his game is his tough carries.
Maybe tad slow for wing these days though.

1 Like