Reynolds is out to get one over ‘good looking’ rivals

Reynolds is out to get one over ‘good looking’ rivals

MICHAEL BLOK

Adam Reynolds.

THERE’S not much difference between South Sydney halves Cody Walker and Adam Reynolds and Penrith’s Jarome Luai and Nathan Cleary.

They’ve been arguably the two form halves combinations of the season, and will go face-toface in a grand final qualifier on Saturday night at ANZ Stadium. The No.6s – Walker and Luai

– are quick on their feet, love to run the ball and bring the razzledazzle to the field. While halfbacks – Reynolds and Cleary – direct the ship and have slick kicking games.

The only difference?

“The Penrith boys are better looking,” Reynolds said.

The Rabbitohs playmaker has liked what he’s seen from the young Panthers halves this season and is eager for a showdown with the best this weekend.

“They’ve been outstanding and there’s a reason they’re minor premiers,” Reynolds said.

“Jarome has had a breakout season. He’s definitely stepped up and put everyone on notice. He’s been outstanding on that left edge and Nathan has been steady and relaxed … He’s able to direct that team around the field. He’s playing with a lot of confidence. They won the minor premiership off the back off his form. It’s exciting. I love these sorts of challenges.”

There will be another juicy matchup with the hookers – Damien Cook and Api Koroisau.

The rakes have been in great form and not only are they battling for a place in the grand final but for a spot in Brad Fittler’s NSW State of Origin team.

“Api is a great player,” South Sydney’s Cook said.

“He’s a big reason they’ve done so well. The whole spine is doing a great job and that’s why they’ve only lost one game.

“I have a lot of respect for Api. I always love coming up against the best guys in the game and I believe he’s one of the best.”

https://metros.smedia.com.au/thedailytelegraph/default.aspx?publication=NCTELE

1 Like

I think the Oenrith halves have one up over us, through Cleary. He can do a lot more with the ball than Reynolds. To win, we need to be smarter, and to win the ruck and forward battle.