Rehab Report Heading into Round One

Rehab Report Heading into Round One

Our Head of High Performance Jarrod Wade provides us with a timely update on the squads health as we prepare to head to Melbourne for the series opener.

https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/03/05/rehab-report-round-1/

4 Likes

So Liam Knight out of round 1, And Jed is out for a while still

1 Like

Great video footage of the players, worth watching, but just for reference.

Player Injury Return
Blake Taaffe Ankle 6-8 weeks
Hame Sele Rib TBC
Taane Milne ACL 6-8 weeks
Braidon Burns Knee 6-8 weeks
Jed Cartwright Back Mid-season
Brock Gardner Achilles TBC
Liam Knight Concussion Round 2

Better than the NRL version.

https://warren.rabbitohs.net/t/rehab-report-march/10777

3 Likes

Wow a fair hit to our depth and the season hasn’t started

5 Likes

That’s a great report heaps of details in the process behind the recovery

4 Likes

Not really. Only Sele and Taaffe played in CS.

Knight and Cartwright would most probs be in the 17 if fit.

2 Likes

Yep already down on forwards Mago is only one not injured that won’t make the 17 from the forwards

Is Burns injured again or the same one

Forwards now look a little thin. Our top 10 would be near best in the comp but with some long term injuries to Cartwright & Gardner how would we cope through Origin or with a suspension or another long term injury. Not sure the wisdom of having 4 half backs on the books (5 if you include Taafe) makes sense in hindsight.

1 Like

Wow Reyno’s heir apparent is going to miss more games than Reyno has missed in the last 4 years . I hope that isn’t a sign of things to come . How ironic !

1 Like

No James Roberts, oh he’s gone to Balmain…

Yer forwards very thin, Without Knight ,Sele and Carty as options. At least Knight is back round 2 as a option and Sele not out for long.

I think that its crazy to see Burns still 6 - 8 weeks away from playing again. It must be pushing 18months - 2 years since he last played for us. Fantastic guy but not suited to the heavy contact involved in the NRL.

5 Likes

Burns was injured in about rd 10 last year. He has had a terrible run.

You can tell the injuries are taking a toll on him as well. He could’ve been anything looking at some of the games he played with us. Not to be rude to Braidon but the games he did play in last year where pretty fucking atrocious.

2 Likes

When is enough going to be enough with Burns? He obviously has serious mobility and functionality issues in his legs, he is now getting major injuries while rehabbing from other major injuries

I’ve been one of his biggest advocates on here. He could be something special if not for injury. But realistically that day will never come.

For him to go injury free and make a real NRL career we are talking a fairytale story that would make Hollywood blush

1 Like

I feel for Burns.
He gives his all but always comes up with injuries, it must be so hard on the bloke. To have something spoil your career that is totally out of your hands no matter how hard you work at it and try must be devastating.

He is off contract at the end of this season, if he can’t get back on the park, show consistency and go the rest of the year without an injury then I suspect he will be shown the door.

It can be a very cruel game at times.

2 Likes

When I look at Braidon Burns I see a player with slender legs supporting his body and that physique isn’t ideal for an athlete involved in a sport where the legs are subjected to heavy muscle stress and contact. He has the same physique as Tom Turbo and he’s another player who is constantly plagued with leg issues.
I made the observation that they are built for track and field, unfortunately football isn’t a suitable sport IMO.

2 Likes

Im not seeing who Burns would push out if he is fit anyway.

1 Like