Rabbitohs Team vs Group 20 Invitational - 20 February 2021 7PM

Rabbitohs team for trial match in Griffith
South Sydney Rabbitohs
Tue 16 Feb 2021, 04:00 PM

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are pleased to announce their squad for their trial match against the Group 20 Invitational side at Solar Mad Stadium in Griffith this Saturday 20 February at 7pm.

Rabbitohs Assistant Coach Jason Demetriou will lead the 20-man squad named to travel to Griffith for the first senior trial match for the Rabbitohs this pre-season.

The team features a number of the Rabbitohs top 30 players with NRL and international experience plus some of the Club’s brightest, young, up-and-coming stars, coming face-to-face with some of the best footballers from the New South Wales Riverina region.

The Rabbitohs will also be taking part in a number of school and club visits while in town and Rabbitohs Head Coach Wayne Bennett will be appearing at a sportsman’s night at Griffith Leagues Club on Friday 19 February.

Members and supporters will have the opportunity to meet the Rabbitohs players at the team’s final training run to be held at Solar Mad Stadium on Friday 19 February at 5pm, ensuring the local Rugby League community has plenty of opportunities to come and see the players and coaches as they prepare for a big 2021 NRL premiership campaign.

Prior to the Rabbitohs vs Group 20 Invitational game scheduled to start at 7pm, there will be two curtain raiser matches. The first game will be a match between the Group 20 and Group 17 women’s teams which will kick off at 3:30pm. The second match will see the Group 20 Indigenous side go up against the Group 20 Barbarians in the ‘Roger Penrith Memorial Game’ at 5pm at Solar Mad Stadium. Gates open at 3pm.

Tickets for the game are available from 123tix.com.au by clicking here. The Rabbitohs and Group 20 encourage people to pre-purchase their tickets due to restrictions pertaining to COVID-19 capacities. This will be an alcohol-free event.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs’ squad for Saturday’s clash with the Group 20 Invitational side is:

1. Blake Taaffe
2. Zane Bijorac
3. Steven Marsters
4. Tautau Moga
5. Jacob Gagai
6. Troy Dargan
7. Dean Hawkins
8. Patrick Mago
9. Joe Lovodua
10. Hame Sele
11. Jacob Host
12. Matt French
13. Trent Peoples
Interchange:
14. CJ Mundine
15. Nic Mougios
16. Lachlan Ilias
17. Davvy Moale
18. Maila Chanfoon
19. Jack Cameron
20. Peter Mamouzelos
Coach: Jason Demetriou
5 Likes

Fringe RG squad

Joe Lovodua St Merge/Fiji hooker Lock

Jack Cameron Newcastle/Tamworth prop

6 Likes

Is this match being televised?

Nothing has been announced.
This is all the info we have received from the club.

2 Likes

It won’t be actually, the Allstars game is on Saturday night.

Yes, it is.

There is a lot on.
https://warren.rabbitohs.net/t/confirmed-pre-season-trials/10635/7

1 Like

It will likely be on Kayo for anyone who has it.

I wonder why Josh Cook isn’t playing and Kalokalo not named at all for any team?

I thought the same thing. Both train with the NRL squad so you’d think they’d be close to getting a run.

Im pretty sure it was mentioned about a week or two ago that J.Cook picked up a minor injury but should be right by round 1.

2 Likes

I forgot about that, would have to assume Kalo Kalo has picked up an injury of sorts too.

NRL.com may have the highlights

1 Like

I think this Griffith game is a great idea, great for the region and a good chance for the fringe / younger guys to blow off some steam.
Similar with the charity shield in Mudgee.
Good stuff.

5 Likes

Terell concussion issues from the ball trial 3 weeks ago should be right next week.

6 Likes

Good to see Marsters, Moga, Mago, Sele and Host there plus a number of youngsters names there who are very familiar to us

4 Likes

So no Amone ?

I think it might be restricted to players who have played less than 12 games in 2020

Tommy is still recovering from an ACL, he will be available for, around Round 8.
He is still on train and trial contract until a roster spot opens up.
Changes can still be made up until June 30.

9 Likes

Why is Taffe playing FB, and not 7?
Cannot fir the life of me understand this.
He is a gun 7.

1 Like

I have heard on this site Taaffe will be Latrell’s backup if injury, etc happen and has been training in that position.

6 Likes