Rabbitohs Radio Podcast

Just found a new podcast, “Rabbitohs Radio Podcast”.

10 Likes

This is great! Thanks for sharing.

If anyone needs direct links, they are also streaming via Spotify & I-tunes;

7 Likes

Rabbitohs Radio Podcast Episode 6: With special guests Keith McGraw of Souths Juniors, Souths assistant coach Willie Peters, Womens NSW half Madison Studdon chatting to regular hosts Steve Mavin & Grant Chappel.

Listen to Episode 6:

NSW Blues half Maddison Studdon guest hosts the show & we also chat to The Juniors Chairman Keith McGraw & former Rabbitoh & current assistant coach Willie Peters. Send us your feedback to rabbitohsradio@gmail.com or visit our Facebook page www.facebook.com/rabbitohsradio/

For anyone after the previous episodes they are great listens too and feature interview with some Rabbitohs legends, Staff, Coaches, Ex-Players etc. They are all available below;
ITUNES - HERE
SPOTIFY - HERE
ANCHOR FM - HERE

Summary/
EPISODE 5 - [Aug 13 2019]
Feat. Canterbury Cup coach Shane Millard & former Souths captain Sean Garlick chat to hosts STEVE MAVIN, GRANT CHAPPEL & DARREN BROWN.

EPISODE 4 - [Aug 7 2019]
feat. Souths Trainer TERRY COULITS & Rabbitohs legend BOB MCCARTHY with hosts STEVE MAVIN, GRANT CHAPPEL & DARREN BROWN.

EPISODE 3 - [Jul 31 2019]
feat. CRAIG COLEMAN with hosts STEVE MAVIN, GRANT CHAPPEL & DARREN BROWN.

EPISODE 2 - [Jul 23 2019]
with hosts STEVE MAVIN, GRANT CHAPPEL & DARREN BROWN and Special Guest LES DAVIDSON.

EPISODE 1 - [Jul 20 2019]
with hosts STEVE MAVIN, GRANT CHAPPEL & DARREN BROWN.

4 Likes

This is an excellent podcast for all rabbitoh supporters. Been listening now for a month now with some great interviews to go with it. Bobby McCarthy’s interview was a killer.

2 Likes

Nice one, its an enjoyable listen. The Bob McCarthy interview gave me goose bumps hearing him talking about Redfern as a kid.

Pretty sure if heard them give the old Waterloo Waratahs a shout out too a few weeks back too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I listened to the first one and thought it was a bit poor , but it seems it was a beginners effort and improved since
Will revisit

2 Likes

Chaps, Mavo and Browny are doing a great job.
Episode 5 with Maddie Studdon their best yet.
Good on these guys
Keep listening

2 Likes

Nice to see Mascot girls doing good things in Womans Rugby League too. Got it on right now actually, Maddie Studdon was a great guest.

1 Like

Does she still play for the Rorters?

RABBITOHS RADIO PODCAST EPISODE 7 - is jam packed with guests this.

Hosts STEVE MAVIN, DARREN BROWN & GRANT “Chaps” CHAPPELL review the Broncos & Game, have a chat to a host of Souths legends & preview the upcoming Warriors game.

Summary:

• We welcome premiership winning Captain JOHN SUTTON for a quick chat on last weeks game, the grand final win & the upcoming Warriors game.
  • We also have a chat to past players and good friends of ours; JASON DEATH, MANOA THOMPSON & we even get a special cameo from MATTY JOHNS.

LISTEN TO THE FULL SHOW BELOW:
Listen on SPOTIFY HERE -
LISTEN on APPLE PODCASTS - HERE

3 Likes

BONUS EPISODE: JOHN SUTTON EXTENDED CHAT & TRIBUTE SHOW

Rabbitohs Radio (Grant Chappell, Darren Brown & Steve Mavin) sit down with bunnies 300+ gamer & premiership winning captain JOHN SUTTON for an extended chat (& laugh) about his time at South Sydney. From his junior years with Kenso, growing up in Maroubra, his debut in 2004 against Wayne Bennett’s Brisbane Broncos, the current squad, the changes he has seen at Souths, all the coaches he has played under & a stack more.

Featuring special mentions by Reni Matiua, John Sutton Senior, Scott Geddes, Arthur Kitinas, Mark Ellison, Keith McGraw, Stacey Sutton, David Furner and more.

Listen to it in full;

APPLE PODCASTS - HERE
SPOTIFY - HERE
ANCHOR FM - HERE

5 Likes

Thank you mate, listen out next week for a shout out, and if there is any feedback or anything you like includes please let us know.

3 Likes

!
EPISODE 9: Rabbitohs VS Roosters - The Rivalry Continues…

On this weeks show, RABBITOHS RADIO (Hosts; Grant Chappell, Darren Brown & Steve Mavin) review the great win we just have in New Zealand against the Warriors.

We went down to Redfern Oval last Saturday to watch the junior’s finals & caught up with some very passionate platinum Members including the other Wayne Bennett who travels for over 16+ hours to come down to watch the footy.

We also caught up with Silky & Co. at Roosters Radio & review the upcoming local derby with The Roosters and much more.

Listen to it in full;

APPLE PODCASTS - HERE
SPOTIFY - HERE
GOOGLE PODCASTS - HERE
WEBSITE - HERE

If you have any Souths Stories, Shout Outs, feedback or if you would like to get in contact with the podcasts in any way please get in touch via our social.
www.facebook.com/rabbitohsradio | www.instagram.com/rabbitohsradio | www.twitter.com/rabbitohsradio

Additional Show Info, Photos:

Rabbitoh Of The Week is member number 1866 Wayne Bennett! Wayne who shares his name with our coach made the 16 hour train trip down from Pottsville NSW to attend the Platinum members day at Metricon Stadium on Saturday.

Wayne’s son Brian (circled left) played alongside Steve Mavin for the Botany Rams in the early 70’s.

3 Likes

This week’s one is great getting the rorters podcasters on for some banter

2 Likes

RABBITOHS RADIO EPISODE 10: Rabbitohs VS Roosters - Showdown at the SCG

*On this weeks Rabbitohs Radio podcast we review the massive upset win vs the arch enemies at Homebush. We catch up with former Souths captain (& Ex Rooster & Wigan player)Bryan Fletcher at the Coogee Bay.

He gives us some stories about life growing up as Souths fan in Bondi, & gives us a few stories from his time with the Souths including playing alongside Adam Mad Dog McDougall & a young John Sutton, Willie Peters, Ashley Harrison at Souths during those early days when we just got back in the comp.*

We also have Souths assistant coach & recruitment manager Ben Rogers on the show for a quick chat, Rabbitohs Pathways News & insight into some future stars who will be playing first grade soon, and we preview the big showdown at the SCG vs the arch enemies.

LISTEN to it in full:
RABBITOHS RADIO - WEBSITE - HERE

APPLE PODCASTS – HERE
SPOTIFY – HERE
GOOGLE PODCAST – HERE
ANCHOR FM – HERE

Additional show info & photos:
Rabbitoh of The Week Mark “Macka” McDonnell

6 Likes

Easily the best episode yet with Brian Fletcher’s Rabbitohs Army. Is a big call given I thought the Maddie Studdon episode was great and the Sutts interview was even better. Keep going Mavo, Brownie and Chaps, we’ve being crying out for this for a long time.

4 Likes

I enjoyed the Fletch interview too, I didn’t realise he was a Bunnies fan as a kid. Pretty sure I heard them say he was in the Souths junior system before he ended up making grade at the Roosters unless I’m mistaken.

2 Likes

Didn’t know Freddie used to be a fan either.

2 Likes

I heard he was, but who knows. It probably explains why we used to see Freddy at Souths training with his young ones a fair bit back in the days.

2 Likes

1993 he played Flegg U19s

Front Row second from the left

4 Likes