Milf to Souths

Apparently Milfs link with Demetriou has him coming to us next year. I wouldn’t have had a bar of him but on $300-350 k I suppose we should.

I don’t think the club needs to rush into this until we have the rest of our squad finalized … then if we have space left see where things stand then.

We are in the dominant position with regards to Milf and shouldn’t jeopardize other potential opportunities to strengthen other areas of our squad first

2 Likes

Why would the $ amount change your mind?

If he’s going to take a minimum wage spot or just above you’d roll the dice. It doesn’t matter if he sits in reggies then. If it were on decent money then not so much for me.

3 Likes

I’m think he is all but done!

4 Likes

This can either be the worst signing of the year or the best signing of the year.

6 Likes

What position would he play with us?

Think about the last 2 years of our signing’s, we let Reyno go who is possibly in peak form, we let go Bailey Sironen, again, up and coming and had a great year and the best we can do is Milford. Wow, we must be in the shit.

1 Like

on the bench for reggies

I have heard the same thing

1 Like

It will be interesting

Under these new rules, he should be running amok

Unfortunately for him, he has had a shit coach in seibold and then a shit environment and a shit group of players to play with.

It wasn’t that long ago he nearly won the Broncos a comp and was on fire.

I will.sit and wait on this one.
While there is no doubt he isn’t at the million dollar price tag , I think for the right price he could really be a danger in the right team and structure, we most definitely can be that for him.

Time will tell

4 Likes

I think he’d be great at Souths, with our structures.

3 Likes

If you can’t get yourself up for a bonanza yearly contract at the Broncos then how is it going to happen with Souths for considerably less money?

2 Likes

The system and culture is a big thing. Milf has never really suited Brisbane’s style of play since Wayne was on the outer. Rabbitohs play a different style of footy and a more stable culture which I reckon would suit Milford massively. He is a really talented player.

However I don’t think it’s all but done… I wouldn’t be surprised if Canberra is the real destination. Just saying.

3 Likes

How does this work? We already have arguably the best 5/8 in Cody, one of the best fullbacks in Lats and a bright prospect in Taffe. This makes Milf a depth signing at best. Better not pay overs.

4 Likes

It’s called motivation! He will have a season to prove himself and to prove he has earned the right to a better deal. It’s a long way from the penthouse to the basement and the Milf will have to eat some humble pie.

2 Likes

Less eating from Milf thanks :pray:

6 Likes

I know it’s a highlight package but he can play and is still only 27.

I’ve watched plenty of Broncos games lately over last 18mths… wouldn’t be much of a highlight real

6 Likes

I think his position would fit perfectly as a utility. He can play in the halves, hooker, centre and fullback.

2 Likes