Masks

I have up to now not worried too much about wearing a mask. I had one just in case. But now I think I think I need to invest in some good ones for myself and my family. Now my question is is there anybody who can give me an idea of how good the South Sydney ones are. Are they effective, comfortable ( as far as these can be),value for money, reusable ( washable) etc. Any feedback is welcome.

1 Like

Thanks ChelseaBree :+1: :mask:

The two options are in this thread. But only one is available on the Souths website

1 Like

Thank you for that link. Do you have one? What is it like?

1 Like

No I don’t have one. I was hoping someone would provide a review.

I recently purchased two black masks with white Rabbitoh insignia from the merchandising store at Redfern. $20 a pop. Quality is not too bad and they look good. Come with two filters and are washable.

6 Likes

We’ve just ordered 2 and so have my cousins. They look and sound good. They are hard to find in shops at the moment. There’s a rush on
at the moment.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I have just ordered three.

1 Like

I’m thinking that this will drag on for a while due to idiots. Maybe it will have to be that we will need to be using those full on Hazmat suits one day just to go to the shops!:joy:

3 Likes

My dad got a complimentary one in the mail from Souths, but I never got one? Were they only sent to older members?

2 Likes

As a Melbournian currently using a few different masks on rotation, the Rabbitohs one is my favourite thus far. Fits really nicely and is comfortable compared to some of the other ones I’ve tried.

6 Likes

Yes.

The Rabbitohs have announced their 1700 members aged 70 and over will soon receive a face mask emblazoned with the Bunnies logo.

5 Likes

That is a nice touch from the club.

5 Likes

I love souths but i will never wear any mask…

3 Likes

Why not?

Awesome gesture. Great stuff Souths.

If anyone on here has an elderly or vulnerable family member that needs a mask, send me a message. I’ll happily post one over to you. Unfortunately not a Souths one, but has the FFP2 rating.

4 Likes

Apart from social distancing my life has not been changed by this thing and I will not let it.

3 Likes

I’m gunna have to wait 2 years. :mask:

I think it would be great idea for the club to send all financial members a free Rabbitohs mask. All I’ll get this year from the club is a hat and bumper sticker. Not their fault I know, but no chance of getting to a game now from Ballarat now. C’mon Rusty ! It would be a drop in the ocean, and I could tell all here that Russell Crowe bought it for me :wink:. Not my fault I’m only 63.

3 Likes

I’m very aware, that it seems to be a very contagious virus that kills about 1% of those who contract it.

We need to be aware and careful of the elderly, sick immune compromised and they and their families need to take the required precautions to protect themselves.

I also find it very confusing that covid has turned our world upside down. Not sure if covid is the cause of most of the grief or the response to covid, in the long run will be far more damaging for lots of reasons

Just some perspective…

Tobacco related deaths in Oz - 15,500 per year
Death on our roads - 12,000 per year
Rock fishing deaths- 12 per year
Swimming pool drownings - 250 per year
Obesity related deaths - 1050 per year

Will the government step in and protect us from all these continuous killers ( not seasonal) ???

Death and taxes are coming to a town near everyone. ( those who work anyways)

We need to be careful and respectful of covid pandemic and not create and even bigger economic and social disaster via our response.

#notothemaskforme.

3 Likes

Oh my Karen

7 Likes