Mark ‘The Goat’ Nicholls

Nicholls plays his 100th NRL game this weekend. Wasn’t too fussed on him till this year where he’s shown to be an integral part of the top 17. His form has been good so far. Reminds me of the role Luke Stuart used to play for Souths

23 Likes

Gone from plodder to being okay in my books. If a player has a go that’s all you can ask for.

11 Likes

He played in 2010 Junior Kangaroos, alongside Gags, so he always had the talent.

4 Likes

Every club would love a Mark Nicholls What can I say nothing but a goat :crown:

Souths i beg you resign this bloke please or I’ll start the Redfern March 2.0

7 Likes

he has progressed from being Mark “who” …

I’ve watched him more closely this year and noted that he actually has a higher number of ‘effort plays’ than I realised, particularly around kick chases and putting pressure on the kicker. He busts a gut to get there,more than some of the more notable players in our side.

Solid first-grader.

13 Likes

He reminds me of Peter Cuzak but with 10% more leg drive.

6 Likes

Hattrick leg drive is that you.

Oh no, I’ve been found out!

1 Like

We don’t know if he’s winning the beep tests

1 Like

I’ve been one of his detractors but I will happily admit he is still a plodder. He obviously works hard and gives it his all. I’d say at this stage of his career and the form he is in, we are witnessing a purple patch. Hopefully it lasts until after grandfinal.

3 Likes

I said in a post match review about 3 yrs ago that Nichols was criminally underrated. The next week we lost & he dropped a balll when he wasn’t watching. He was blamed for the loss & bashed pillar to post for the next 18 mths.
I’m glad people have woken up to him. Won’t ever play rep footy, but the sort of prop every club needs. Hard as nails, consistent & reliable.

17 Likes

All hail The Goat!

6 Likes

Its not just the players, coaches who love the Goat. We all do. :heart: :goat: :green_heart:

5 Likes

Now that makes 2

2 Likes

Seems to thrive as a starting prop this year

I’m with you, mate. The Goat is awesome. So is Jacob Host.

1 Like