Latrell Confirmed - 2023

Emailed by club.

Great result. Now for 22.

Mitchell extends until at least the end of season 2023

Author

South Sydney Rabbitohs

Timestamp

Mon 22 Feb 2021, 10:50 AM

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are delighted to announce the re-signing of Australian Kangaroos, New South Wales State of Origin, Indigenous All Stars representative and dual-premiership winner Latrell Mitchell until at least the end of season 2023.

Latrell, 23, joined the Rabbitohs for the 2020 season and was one of the leading players in the competition before a serious hamstring injury curtailed his season.

11 Likes

Finally! A great outcome for both club and player. I get the impression he wants to stay at Redfern, but also wants to maximise his flexibility and value for future contract negotiations. Young Sualli could learn a thing or two from Latrell about how to negotiate (maybe develop your resumé before demanding the world).

8 Likes

A big well done to all involved in getting this to happen.

Happy days indeed at present.

Go the mighty Rabbitohs!

5 Likes

Well done on the re-signing lets get on with winning 22 this year

2 Likes

Never in doubt, he’ll retire at Souths. He’s a perfect fit here and vice versa.

1 Like

I will never forget his father stating it felt like Latrell was coming home when he signed with us.
Home is where he belongs.

4 Likes

There is no risk Latrells signing his new contract with the Bunnies makes us favs to win the comp.

In the 50’s in Melbourne racing 30 odd favs in a row got beat and then there was Ajax.

Ajax was a champion Australian bred Thoroughbred racehorse and sire, who won 18 consecutive races before he was defeated at the odds of 40/1 on

Congrats Latrell & SSFC, great result for all concerned. I can stop sweating it now.

1 Like

Great news. The players all seem happy at the club. Good signs

1 Like

Crikey,by the end of 2023 he would of won 5 premierships.

2 Likes

Great News to have our Superstar locked up for another 2 years, On to 22 we go, Now for SuA next
On another note, Im excited to see the team for the Charity Shield tomorrow

1 Like