Jaxson Paulo

After watching Jaxson Paulo over the past 2 weeks I don’t understand why he is still in the side and noone is talking about his axing.

His poor defensive reads, grabbing defence and errors have led to at least 4 opposition tries in the last 2 weeks.

Why are we persisting with him. Would we not be better served by bring Steven Marsters into the centres and push Gagai out to the wing?

Thoughts?

6 Likes

beats me :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

He got a lot of negative comments on here during and after the game.
I think Wayne will bite the bullet and bring Marsters into that spot for the Storm game, poor Paulo is playing with zero confidence at the moment and he’d be heavily targeted by the purple pricks.
We should get Mansour back in a couple of weeks assuming his hammy is close to being good to go.

1 Like

As a fan of the whole team I hate these threads calling out one player, but I get it is a public forum. I think the kid has talent and we did see it last year. I feel he is playing busted at the moment. Maybe playing through it to try and keep his spot at south Sydney. It’s a tough business

7 Likes

I think he’s goin OK.
Some of you blokes get a hate on certain players and can’t let it go. atm the top of the list is Paulo closely followed by Knight with a distanced Cam Graham in 3rd place.

5 Likes

I’ll be putting Campbell Graham on the wing and bring in Tautau Moga or Steven Masters and keep Dane Gagai in the centres

1 Like

Have you seen Moga or Marsters play this year?

2 Likes

Obviously Wayne doesn’t think our other outside backs in the squad are up to the task yet. We have a few injuries too.

1 Like

What I don’t think people understand is that when you play Centre and Wing, it’s like Musical Chairs and you’re the one being found out without a chair.
The whole thing plays on numbers. When you have 3 coming at you you have to take a chance.
Sometimes it comes off and sometimes you look stupid.

1 Like

That’s the result of buying busted and injury prone players. Suddenly our depth isn’t so good.

4 Likes

Burns should play this week. Hopefully we can 3-4 games from him before the Sauce is back

1 Like

I think you are being overly harsh on him, I think Wayne is a better judge of playing talent than any on here

3 Likes

I understand what everyone is commenting about but I looked carefully (about 5 times) at the try the Titans scored just before half time last week. The break was made with Paulo 15 metres inside Thompson giving him too much opportunity to go. Then Thompson ran inside Paulo and Jaxson took his foot off the accelerator and then coasted across after Walker had missed Thompson and attempted a one arm grab.

I have no problem with him in attack but I think he can be a defensive liability.

1 Like

Agree got me beat

I don’t rate Paulo, still…he’s 100 times better then me.
I think he needs a season of first grade in one of the lesser teams for experience then he would good to have back.
The player swap idea would be handy for this.

1 Like

Some on here wont be happy until Souths have 30 marquee signings to fill the squad, even if it was possible, then they would complain how Souths are paying them too much.

6 Likes

Warning Sarcasm below.

Jaxson Paulo has been selected for the sole purpose of pissing off the K warriors on Forums and social media.

2 Likes

Anyone is better then Paulo at this point. Surely we have someone better to come in?

1 Like

Unfortunately we haven’t. I watched the game against the Magpies and Moga, Masters, Paulo and Milne were all poo and these were our only replacements. In fact in that game I thought Milne was the best of a bad bunch, only because he hadn’t played in 500 days and most of his errors were from him being out for so long and their were aspects of his game I liked.

1 Like

Hopefully Burns has a blinder and we put him at LC and move Gagai to RW . If not it’s back to Paulo I’m afraid.