Jai Arrow signs a four-year contract until at least the end of 2024

8 Likes

Abit of a let down not being for 2020 but a signing none the less

5 Likes

Has 2020 been completely written off as a possibility?

Good it’s finally official.
Guess Gagai decided to stay so no release from Titans

2 Likes

A fantastic signing by the club.

Obviously disappointing we couldn’t get the deal done for an immediate release, but the door is always open just a little on that depending on what happens with other players.

Well done on signing a top notch young star on the rise.

4 Likes

We need him now

1 Like

Excellent news. I still think we have the forwards depth in 2020 to be fine.

1 Like

Ya kidding!

Without injuries and suspensions taken into account we will field one of the most inexperienced packs in the comp.

Throw in Origin, injuries and the odd brain explosion and our forwards look paper thin.

5 Likes

I would assume that rules 2020 out entirely. No player swap happening.

Good to finally have some news confirmed. For those playing at home, this is what a done deal looks like.

4 Likes

Not kidding at all and it’s an opinion. I think the likes of Amone, Koala and a few others will step up.
Maybe wrong but always optimistic when it comes to Souths.

8 Likes

It would seem that the Club has held off announcing Arrows signing until all avenues of getting here in 2020 were exhausted.

I know things can change but I think we can forget seeing him in our colours this year.

Nonetheless I am very happy with this signing.

4 Likes

Are you discriminating against those playing at home as to those playing at work in their employers time? :innocent:

1 Like

Welcome Jai. Jaxon can show you the ropes

1 Like

This is the Titans press release:

The Gold Coast Titans have confirmed forward Jai Arrow will depart the Club at the end of the 2020 season to join the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Arrow, who joined the Titans from the Brisbane Broncos in 2018, has played 38 games for the Gold Coast, and representing Queensland, the Prime Minister’s XIII and the Australian Nines team as a Titan.

Titans Chief Executive Steve Mitchell said while Arrow’s decision to leave the Gold Coast was disappointing, the 24-year-old was committed to seeing out the final year of his contract and helping the Titans to a successful 2020 campaign.

“We made Jai our very best offer, because we wanted him to stay,” Mitchell said. “Ultimately, the decision to leave was made by Jai and his management, and while disappointed he will leave us at the end of the year, we respect the decision.

“Right now our focus is totally on the season ahead, and having Jai playing a significant role in a successful season for the Titans.”

Arrow said he was determined to finish his time at the Titans on a positive note.

“I am pleased to finally have my future settled, and can now continue pre-season training fully focused on delivering a successful season for Titans Members and fans in 2020.”

Arrow said he was determined to finish his time at the Titans on a positive note.

“I am pleased to finally have my future settled, and can now continue pre-season training fully focused on delivering a successful season for Titans Members and fans in 2020.”

2 Likes

It’s so boring hearing 2021. Who could get excited about this !

7 Likes

Mate I hope you are right - but if hope is all we are doing for 2020 I think we’ve got things wrong with recruitment for this year.

It’s a nice thought but we can’t realistically expect all of the young guys to step up and go to another level all at once.

It just doesn’t happen, particularly when they have lost such dominant and experienced leaders in Sam and Sutto.

3 Likes

What if all the young blokes step up this year , we might not need to arrow 2021.

1 Like

What happen to release on compassionate grounds?
I dont think arriving in 2020 is over .
Depends in Arrows desire to cone and play for Wayne.
He aint getting any younger

Positive as in avoiding the spoon??

1 Like

Does this bring Fifita into the equation??
I know i know he has a contract for 2020