Jack Bird Being shopped around

Jack Bird will be released by the Broncos from the final year of his contract if another club is prepared to pay $500,000 of his $975,000 deal in Brisbane. St George Illawarra, Manly and Cronulla are all in the market for centres.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/opinion/phil-rothfield/phil-rothfields-highlights-lowlights-wayne-bennett-in-bustup-with-shane-richardson-over-cody-walker-contract/news-story/537ada2953c55c886a9154efdb969e78

1 Like

WoW, $975k
And they are willing to cop a $475k hit, wow

No thanks. Hasn’t been the same player since his time at the Sharks, his injury profile is a major concern and even with the Bronco subsidy he’s not a good buy.

2 Likes

No place for him here good player but to risky to buy someone on that much who is injury prone

Jack who ??

1 Like

$20000 win bonus X 26 wins = $520K

1 Like

It’s not just that he is injury prone but from what I recall, he has early onset arthritis? Real shame for him but I can’t see how his body ever holds up, even $500k is way too much

No sign on just win bonus .
He plays we win $20K earn we lose Zilch and so on .
Performance based.

1 Like

Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out and if he will actually be leaving. This story has popped up a few times over the last couple years.

Good luck finding a club willing to pay him 500k

1 Like

Watch him become one of the form fullbacks of the comp people forget how good Birdy is

I don’t want him at us by any means but the bloke can play if he stays fit, fingers crossed for the lad

6 Likes

He is a great footballer but no way worth the risk now. Sharks might take a punt on him maybe, but for half that.

I agree loads of talent and worth a punt for win only bonus’s IMO.
Only give sound players sign on fees.

1 Like

Would much rather JAC.

Seems a good fit to go to the sharks…

The Re-hab room would have some good company, Duges, Moylan, Fafita and then Birdy. They would average millions on the bench every week !

If he is on 975k then that’s about 980k too much.

6 Likes

Someone like the Bulldogs will surely pick him up for $500k.

Dragons too, they are a basket case.

Come on Micky, that a bit rough… They are paying him about $870k to much. The minimum you can pay a player is $110k

2 Likes

Yeah, Rheumatoid. Credit to him for playing through it. Wish him well. Would be a decent pick up for a team,should he get over his issues…but as mentioned…that’s the $975,000 question.

1 Like

I reckon Sharks may take him back.