Ethan Lowe Has Retired

NRL physio on insta reporting that Lowe has retired, I’m assuming medically? Do we have any other sources to confirm?

1 Like

Bennet first min of presser

4 Likes

Thats awful, hope its not an injury he has to live with

Sad for him after the highs he reached last year in Origin

5 Likes

I noticed he was always around the team over the season, very enthusiastic & looked happy, I wonder if there’s a job at the club for him, he comes across as well spoken & reasonably intelligent

1 Like

Wayne stated he had retired in the presser

Played good. Best of luck to him post footy. A decent fella.

3 Likes

Host takes his place and is a gun. Host will get a bench spot. Our pack will have a great balance next year. Arrow will stiffen our middles and join Murray in each weeks Herculean effort.

Turgess
Cook
Tatola
Su’a
Arrow
Murray

Sironen
Host
Koala
Knight

3 Likes

A country boy who had a pretty good career in the big city. Probably never saw him at his best again after the first injury.

All the best Gundy.

2 Likes

Host will be a depth player.

Tatola
Cook
Tom
Siro
Su’a
Murray

Arrow
Koloamatangi
Knight
Nicholls

Sele
Amone
Cartwright
Host

3 Likes

He will walk in in front of nicholls

4 Likes

Mate you don’t know Host, like you didn’t know Sironen and Koala.

2 Likes

Not saying he isn’t solid and will add good depth to the squad
And I was singing Koloa praises from juniors and Bears thanks while others where preaching Mago and Lowe

I did tell you guys Months ago that Ethan Lowe will retire.

3 Likes

I am thinking that Mago may not be with us next season either!

2 Likes

It wont matter who we have because our spine will choke in the prelim.

1 Like
3 Likes

Cartwright is more our Lowe replacement, not Host - I’d be surprised if Host even plays a game for us.

Good offered nothing

Just adding to my comment above…
Ethan Lowe goes down as Retired but not as “Medically” Retired as he apparently had neck surgery in 2016… that fact escaped me as I don’t concentrate on players injuries at other clubs.

So, no payout it seems.
Salary Cap figures are debatable but most likely $300k should be cleared off our Salary Cap for 2021.

3 Likes

If Mago managed to play near half the season for us this year I don’t understand how you’d find it surprising for host to lineup a few times at the very least for us next year?