CJ Mundine + Lachlan Ilias

4 Likes

Wasn’t he already signed?
Is he Anthony’s son?
Do we have Kieran Mundine also?

Yes
Yes
We did, but don’t anymore

Is this bloke any realistic chance of ever playing top grade for us?

Agent Mario Tartak, CJ Mundine and father Anthony Mundine

1 Like

He’s in the Flegg squad at the moment.

I think all young players that are signed up have a realistic chance as long as they work hard & do everything right, you’d have to assume they all have talent

1 Like

It’s essentially Ilias V Mundine for the No.6 spot post Walker - One of them will stay and one will go.

Mundine certainly looks like an athlete but Ilias does too - Flip of the coin.

1 Like

Good luck to both of them may the best player win but Ilias just seems to have something calm about his play.
With young players, that’s usually interpreted as smartz. I hope he proves it this year.

1 Like

Name: Lachlan Ilias
Date of Birth: 9 May 2000
Place of Birth Sydney, NSW
Position: Halfback, Five-Eighth
Height: 184cm
Weight: 84kg
Junior Club: Leichhardt Wanderers
Rep Honours Rugby Union: Australian Schoolboys (2018); Australian Youth Sevens (2018); NSW Schoolboys (2017-18); NSW Youth Sevens (2017); CAS 1st XV (2017-2018); Trinity Grammar 1st XV (2016-2018). Rugby League: NSW under 16s (2016)

2 Likes

@Cookmysock I think @Siv will be able to answer that question pretty well. He follows the lower grades.

Ilias is just pure class. He stands out in a similar way to Munster when he was the same age. Everything around him looks like it slows down and he just glides around.

He’s a big boy too for a half. He’s our future for certain.

3 Likes

I agree. The first player I think of when I watch Ilias is Munster. He will form a good combo with Taafe

1 Like

Mundine was stepping up into Flegg in 2020

In the few games he played he played very well at fullback or 5/8

Very fast off the mark and a running 5/8

Will need to earn his 20s place but looks like a backup player after Reynolds & Walker retire at this stage

Noting that Hawkins Taaffe and Ilias are ahead of him afor a few years

2 Likes

Dad (Anthony) in 2007

SSS_2036 Anthony Mundine Souths Sydney Gear

3 Likes