Campbell Graham’s Best Position

He’s an edge forward for mine.
He lacks the skillset to be a centre.
Yes he’s young but there hasn’t been any signs in his game to suggest he’s a centre.
He’s very one dimensional.
Yet to see him break the line on his own or set up his outside man with a good pass.
One of the biggest disappointment in his game is that he’s not a target in the air, even though he is one of the tallest players in the game standing at 1.97m.
If Crotic had a passing game yesterday, the Bulldogs would’ve scored a couple tries down his edge due to him rushing up and in catching thin air.
His effort is always there however, he loves the contact.
If he bulks up in the off-season, he could be our Kurt Capewell who plays as an edge forward who could fill in at centre if we had injuries.

1 Like

He’s hit a bit of plateau for mine. He needs learn how to put his winger into space

2 Likes

I think he is good defensively as a centre not good in attack as far as passing game.

He has attack to be a great winger but comes in defensively too much which is not good for a winger.

I think he would be a better winger. It would be easier to adjust his Defence than teach him how to link/pass to set up his winger

1 Like

Pretty much spot on assessment of CG but I would add very lazy . Yesterday the attack kept going his way and showed nothing , if Mansour didnt go looking for the ball hed go cold . A ball hog . and crabs . Bombed 2 tries with Mansour unmarked .Yes a better winger .

3 Likes

21 years old.
Already talked about as a future SOO player.
73 first grade games.
34 career tries.

Last night -
14 runs - 134 Metres.
3 tackle breaks.
18 tackle - 2 missed tackles.
Pretty good stats if you ask me, certainly not warranted to be shat on.

What had you guys achieved by the age of 21 ? Fuck me give the kid a go.

34 Likes

Best reply ever mate,god there’s some dubbos here

7 Likes

Right centre

5 Likes

I honestly believe some of our supporters expect far too much from our kids at times. Calling Graham things like very lazy is complete bullshit in my eyes. The guy constantly gets bashed yet constantly keeps coming back, he gives his all.

10 Likes

I don’t think anyone is saying he’s not a first grader.
However, people on here are questioning if he’s a centre.
Yes he’s young but there hasn’t been any signs in game to suggest he’s a centre.
If you look at a player like Lomax who is the same age and has played less first grade games, there are plenty of signs in his game to suggest he’s going to be the Dragons centre for the next 10 years.

2 Likes

Yes Lomax is a very good player, I agree.

But Graham is still a far better Centre than what we give him credit for. Yes there are things he needs to work on but he is young and will continue to improve, give him time to prove the doubters wrong. He doesn’t have to be a superstar he just has to play his role in our team which he is more than doing. I rate the kid highly.

3 Likes

PM Xlll , also junior kangaroos as you say Stevo 21yrs old

3 Likes

Well said Stevo, leave CG alone he is developing nicely.

1 Like

He’s better on the left.

He got a heap of tries last year on the left.

One thing he doesn’t do is act like a fukin bonehead racing in to have an 80s AFL push and shove.

He’s a great young kid.

5 Likes

We are 3-1 and people are still finding stupid things to complain about. It seems Wayne thinks that he is a centre and so does Fittler who almost put him in the origin team.

1 Like

34 tries in 79 games .

Not bad for a bloke with no punch.

Gagai has 59 in 209

4 Likes

Those who saying he’s a centre…
Does he have a running game to trouble the opposition to create space for his winger?
Does he have good hands to put his winger away?
He’s an edge forward for mine.
Nothing wrong with being one dimensional.
He can run hard and straight and not worry about passing.
Also defending one in, he doesn’t have to worry about rushing up and in cutting down the play.

1 Like

Siv, you stole my reply.
Cheers

1 Like

Players like Campbell Graham & Cameron Murray are what makes Souths tick for mine.
They are the heart & soul.

1 Like

No one is disputing that. The point is what is Graham’s best position long term for the team not questioning if he should be in the team

2 Likes

He’s a centre always been one and thankfully the coach knows it. He’s a bit down on attacking form but overall his defence has been really strong. The right side doesn’t get the same shapes as the left gets so it’s harder for it to look as flashy as our left but he’s still so young and learning, he’ll get to where the team wants him in attack.

1 Like