All Stars NRL Fight Night - Townsville - Feb 12, 2021

:boxing_glove: All Stars NRL Fight Night - Townsville
Friday February 12, 2021
Townsville Entertainment and Convention Centre

Some of the NRL’s biggest stars could be en route for Townsville; ready to rumble in the ring in a mammoth showcase.

What enticed Slammin’ Sam to Townsville’s All Star fight night

Thaiday: “I think with the crossing cultures of rugby league players doing a bit of boxing, hopefully we can help out and push some of those young kids in the right direction.”

Not related to this event, which will be played at Queensland Country Bank Stadium in Townsville on Saturday, February 20.

All Stars Fight Night: Rugby League Rivals
Friday 12 February, 6pm
Townsville Entertainment & Convention Centre

Tickets On Sale From Midday Friday 11 December.

Final fight card not confirmed. Stay tuned for updates closer to the event.

Subject to availability, cancellation and change.

https://tecc.net.au/event/all-stars-fight-night-rugby-league-rivals/

Looks horrible

How can you not Have Huni as the main event
The kid is a potential superstar
He could end up an all time great of Aussie sport & yet we have to have a couple of mug footy players trying to swat fly’s off each other as the big show
Crazy

As we all know, main events are determined by which fight is more marketable for the promotion.

Not understanding this, and calling the players ‘mugs’ makes you look petty and stupid.

I thought you were not a fan of fighting?

The promoter should be able to market it well enough with the mugs on the undercard

I’ve never said that, I think it’s a mugs game for the most part & you put have to be crazy to leave yourself open to the kind of punishment you get for little reward but having attended word title fights in Vegas & been around some pretty handy boxers over the years I recognise it as a train wreck that’s hard to look away from & it’s entertaining

1 Like

lol yeah, you did. In November you were trying to give @RustysRusty and I shit for discussing martial arts where you actually said you had a general distaste for the violence and put shit on fighting.

1 Like

I said I hate MMA, that’s just draconian, horrible shit for troglodytes & should be banned
At least Boxing has a bit more class
Despite what I said about you’d have to be an idiot to addle your brain for little or no reward
I also said that amateur boxing is better & less exploitive than the lot
But I’ve probably been around it a bit more than you fellas, seen the nuts & bolts & it’s ugly

Yeah you may of been around longer but i’m no stranger to it i’ve seen what the sport can do having competed and coming from a long lineage of boxers. We had the discussion that MMA is actually safer than Boxing due to 10 counts and repetitive brain trauma and concussions but i won’t go down that road again.

Each to their own doesn’t really matter the sport will always prosper despite what anybody really thinks. Agree Huni should be the main event but if you’ve been around the sport as long as you say you have you’ll know that it’s rigged and all about promotors making money, they could give two fucks about their fighters.

SHOOSH

No wonder big Nelson Asofa-Solomona and Josh Papalii were so keen to sign up for an exhibition fight in Townsville in February. They will be paid $35,000 each for six minutes’ work — three two-minute rounds.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/billy-walters-eyes-brisbane-broncos-move-saint-sinner-shoosh/news-story/e94caa2be42e3994c6762d13335aec35

Geez, the girls at the The Touch of Class don’t even get that much money for six minutes. Not that I’ve been there …

1 Like

Surprised Thaiday is going against Reni, he would usually be 3rd man in

Stuart’s warning for Papalii ahead of Hannant fight

Ricky Stuart doesn’t want any losers at the Raiders, so big Josh Papalii has a lot on the line when he fights Josh Hannant in February.

https://twitter.com/telegraph_sport/status/1355387947067924480?s=20

Justis Huni injury

The Australian heavyweight champion was due to defend his title against veteran James Porter until an unfortunate concussion put a stop to those plans.

Huni confirmed to the Courier Mail he hit his head while wrestling with a friend several weeks ago but kept the incident quiet.

He was then dropped by a cruiserweight while sparring and eventually told his trainers about the injury, seeing him pulled from the card following medical assessment.

Who is fighting?

While Huni is out of action, many current and former NRL stars are involved.

Check out the fight card below. Subject to change.

Josh Papalii vs. Ben Hannant

Junior Paulo vs. Neville Costigan

Sam Thaiday vs. Willie Mason

Justin Hodges vs. Sandor Earl

Scott Prince vs. Todd Carney

Matt Bowen vs. Craig Gower

Where is it?

All Stars Fight Night will take place at Townsville Entertainment and Convention Centre.

How to watch?

All Stars Fight Night will be a pay-per-view event in Australia, meaning fans can tune in on Main Event.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/boxing/news/all-stars-fight-night-rugby-league-rivals-townsville-fights-tickets-broadcast/cig5zw9ka3ct1xq1d6933ml6s

You’d have to pay me to watch those fights.

3 Likes

All Stars Boxing Rugby League Rivals.
Papalii vs Hannant
Paulo vs Costigan
Thaiday vs Mason
Hodges vs Earl
Prince vs Carney
Bowen vs Gower

Friday Feb 12
Townsville
Exclusive To Foxtel Mainevent

https://www.instagram.com/allstarsfightnight/