1st Preliminary Final: Panthers vs Rabbitohs -- Live Scores & Discussion

Please use this topic to share anything related to this fixture such as team lineups or changes, pre-match thoughts/predictions and live score updates/comments while the game is in progress.

AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE GAME PLEASE POST IN THE POST-MATCH DISCUSSION TOPIC.

This match is due to kick-off in 4 hours!

Match Stats

• Head to Head: Panthers 37 Rabbitohs 46 Drawn 1
  • At ANZ Stadium: Panthers 1, Rabbitohs 7
  • Head to Head (Finals): First meeting
  • Last 10: Panthers 5 Rabbitohs 5
  • Winner advances to play the Storm in the Grand Final.
  • Loser is eliminated

Let’s go!!

RIGHTEO ALL WE ARE JUST 5 HOURS AWAY FROM KICK OFF FOR THOSE AT THE GAME TONIGHT GET THEIR EARLY SO WHEN SOUTHS DO THEIR PRE MATCH WARM UP WE CAN ALL STAND AND GIVE THE BOYS A STANDING OVATION AND GET THAT SOUTH SYDNEY CHANT STARTED EARLY!!

THEN AT AROUND 7:48PM WHETHER AT THE GAME, OR AROUND AUSTRALIA OR OVERSEAS, OR AT A PUB OR AT HOME EVERY ONE OF YOU BUNNIES MEMBERS AND FANS ALL ON YOUR FEET GLORY GLORY CHEER AND CLAP HARD UNTIL YOUR HANDS GO RED RAW I WILL BE I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS!! LETS LET THE BOYS KNOW WE ARE RIGHT BEHIND THEM AND WE WANT THIS MORE!!!

ALSO THIS IS OUR HOME GAME WE WILL HAVE THE NUMBER LETS USE THIS ADVANTAGE CHEER LIKE THEIR IS NO TOMORROW WE WANT THIS MORE!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

AND IF SOMEONE AT THE GAME IN THE CROWD AROUND YOU IS NOT FIRED UP TURN AROUND TO THEM ALL AND ENCOURAGE THEM TO GET INTO IT START THAT SOUTH SYDNEY CHANT YOURSELF!!

2 Likes

Just spent the morning in the heartland, for which I will be a resident as of Monday afternoon.

Fingers crossed I’m in for a hell of a week :rabbit::rabbit::rabbit:

Nervous as hell!!!

6 Likes

Why was the pre match discussion closed so early?
With 4 hrs to go isnt it still pre match?

Just in time to (maybe) enjoy GF week.

Plenty of people in their supporter gear today, in Redfern itself and at Bunnings Alexandria.

All the Bunnings staff were also in red & green for the occasion :wink:

3 Likes

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2020-wayne-bennett-ivan-cleary-panthers-vs-rabbitohs-preliminary-final/news-story/9443377782b2407a37312ea9a5c9cfd4

Come on boys!!! Let’s get this done.

3 Likes

When speaking of the champions, one stands above the rest
Of glories old and records proud, when often put
to test
Of fine traditions, history, that others cannot best
They wear the Red and Green

Glory, Glory to South Sydney
South Sydney marches on
They mauled the Balmain Tigers
Slew the Dragons from St. George
The Seagulls and the Mounties next
Were crushed by mighty force
They humbled Parramatta
And the Berries in due course
South Sydney marches on
They plucked the Western Magpies
Slashed the Newtown bag of blue
The Eastern Suburbs Rooster crowed
And then was conquered too
The greatest name in any game
Within South Sydney grew
South Sydney marches on

6 Likes

Go the mighty Rabbitohs!

3 Likes

Souths out to $3.30 now just how we like it.

1 Like

How did we blow out so much - is someone else out

All I’m hoping for is to be able to walk out of the ground tonight saying that we played our best footy. If that’s not good enough to win, then fair enough, but jeez I’d be disappointed to have to be talking about beating ourselves in a prelim final with errors and dumb footy. Come on boys!

3 Likes

Nervous and not expecting the win.

BUT

The hope is still there.

Good luck everybody in this vast Bunnies family.

2 Likes

Just on our way in Narwee it’s starting to spit with rain

I would say many think Penrith start fast and we can’t go with them.

Gee’s I think we’ll win. What’s up with you lot?

This team has shown a special quality that has got us this far and I honestly think that same quality will get us all the way.
Penrith may be just a little too confident. No one has picked us. No one can see how Penrith can lose.
I’m sure I’ve seen this movie before?

2 Likes

Good luck tonight guys.

This sounds weird to some people but I always consider this as my favourite game to win. To earn that right to experience GF week knowing you will be there. More important than winning the GF for me as a fan.

Enjoy the occasion. Your team has done a great job with guys that a lot of people dont know too much about, except your own fans of course.

8 Likes

Played Glory Glory… as loud as i could in the local. Perhaps best i can do. If i stay i’ll get get kicked out during the 1st half

1 Like

About to leave for the game and I’m anxious as hell. I’ve taken a valium already to try and calm the nerves. :pensive:

6 Likes

We’ve got this.

( and that’s coming from me .
I’m more realistic and negative than positive and opportunistic… and did not think we were contenders after the Manly game)

I am quietly confident.

Edit : it was great to see fellow Souths supporters wearing our colours walking around Penrith Westfield today.

7 Likes